COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number) and any other information you choose to provide. We may also collect credit card and other payment information through a third-party processor.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to the Campaign exceed $200 per election cycle.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site. For example, we may collect voter file data from state parties and other democratic organizations or from public databases and private organizations. We may also collect information about you from advertising networks, data analytics providers, mailing list providers, and like-minded organizations.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, register you for events, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests;
- Request feedback or support and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee or with candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups, provided that the foregoing will not apply to sharing text messaging originator opt-in data (i.e. mobile numbers) or consent.
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Campaign, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Campaign;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), [which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa]. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For example, we may use remarketing tools to advertise online. This enables third-party vendors to show our ads on sites across the Internet. Such third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
Campaign is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents. , and we process and store information in the U.S.. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update, correct, or delete your certain information you provide to us by emailing us at [email protected]. However, note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site. You can also review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from the Campaign by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.